Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Curious Case of the Peal Izumi Jersey ...


Photo_2012-08-08_7_46_57 Photo_2012-08-08_7_47_22

Back in 1999, I brought a Pearl Izumi sleeve-less jersey which had that time (and location, I was in Hawai'i afterall ...) didn't strike me at particulary girly. It was hot and I was looking for a tight sleeve-less cycling shirt. It's only after a while that I started to question weither it was a girl jersey, a unisex or a male one. It does after-all have a certain floral theme, and the colors don't exactly scream male hormones ...

Over the years, I have worn it on occasions, feeling a little bit self conscious about it. Now, I'm not opposed to wearing some woman clothing, when the gender is not obvious, since I'm petite so they do fit better. But that jersey have always puzzled me ...

One thing I noticed yesterday, is that the name "Pearl Izumi" writting on the tab (located in the neck) is in pink color. That should indicate that this piece of clothing is for ladies, no? But then, why is the front zipper capable of going all the way down (like on a man jersey)? Should that be not limited to man jersey? Or maybe not ...

What do you think?

PS: I have searched Google for any trace of that jersey, but no luck

No comments:

Post a Comment