Monday, August 20, 2012

Sunday ride with Allan

Yesterday (early) morning I headed to Surrey for a ride with Allan (@IcemanYVR on twitter). It was my second ride in this area of the south coast which I have never really explored before. Since it's kind of the boonies, there is not much traffic and a lot of rural like roads to ride on, with some nice climbs and steep downhills to go around (link to to the ride on Strava):


The ride included 7km (or so) on Avenue 0 which runs along the international border between Canada and the USA. 8k or so before finishing the ride, I noticed that I had a flat on my rear wheel :( Since it looked like a slow leak, Allan suggested we pumped the tire back-up and keep on going. We had to do that one more time before reaching the end of the ride. I was a little bummed to get a flat on my fifth ride (I think) on my new Kuota ... Oh well, such is the life of a cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment