Monday, August 27, 2012

Busy Monday #2

I went to my now usual Monday long ride this morning (on my way to work). The weather forecast was a little worrisome, but it was actually rather nice (14C, mostly sunny). Since some rain is (or was) forecasted for later during the week, I really wanted to get that ride done before my next long ride this coming Sunday:


So, instead of making my now standard energy drink, I went with a lighter version of it:
  • 2 bags of Jasmin Green Tea brewed in 800 ml of filtered water
  • 2 tablespoons of Agave Syrup
  • 1.5 scoop of Maltodextrin (so about 120 kcal of Carbs)
Since I had (over)eat enough Sunday (it was a day off), I didn't feel like I really needed the extra calories punch in my drink not the electrolytes (since it wasn't going to be too hot). For nutrition, I packed some leftover home-made Larabar from our Saturday run. My hydration/nutrition plan was the following:
  • Couple of sips of drink every 20 km
  • One Larabar every hour
Worked pretty good as far as I can tell, except for the fact that the bars are kind of hard to chew and swallow while in aero position (in which I was for most of the ride, without much pain). I probably should cut them smaller so that I can chew and breath with more ease ;-)

To finish-off the day, I did an easy 8k run (with da wife). Felt pretty good doing it. Which I guess is a good thing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment