Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Failed Monday ride

My plan for yesterday (Monday was an holiday in British Columbia) ride was to head to North Vancouver and do the Cypress Mountain climb which is about 706m of ascent over 14km. Unfortunatly, when I woke up, I just didn't feel all that energetic nor motivated. Still, I forced myself to get ready and head out with the idea that after I warmed up I may found my mojo. Alas, it wasn't the case as my right knee started to hurt by the time I got to North Van (about 18km in the ride). My backup plan was to push to West Vancouver all the way to Wycliffe Park, which is located not to far from Horseshoe Bay, so that's what I did (see ride info on Strava bellow):


I'm still a little unsure to what exactly happened that early morning, but I think it has to do with getting only 5 hours of sleep that night. I usually sleep about 6.5hrs on week day and I did oversleep a little that Sunday (by around 2 hours). This caused me to not fall asleep until after 00:30 on the Sunday-Monday night ... So, the take away is that I need to stick to the usual sleep routine the day before a ride.

tl;dr: get more sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment