Saturday, August 25, 2012

Run to Stanley Park (28k)

So this morning we ran to Stanley Park (again) but this time pushed to 28km. Since I followed loosely the nutrition plan I had described yesterday I felt pretty energized for most of it, even-though I totally forgot to drink the espresso two hours before, doh ... Physically, I didn't feel any pain to my calf (I was wearing compressing band on both) and only my knees were somewhat sore at times.

Here's the run details on Strava:


During the run, I made a couple of adjustment to the nutrition plan just so it'll be easier to keep track of when I should be drinking or eating:

  • Every 5 km, I drank (probably 100ml each time)
  • Every 45 minutes, I had one of the Larabar
  • One kilometre before the end, I had a handful of dates
While my energy level was never low, I could definitely feel a slight boost starting 10 (or so) minutes after ingesting the energy bars. The dates didn't seems to do much of anything that late in the run, however I did felt some stomach discomfort later on.

My GPS watch contraption didn't cause much trouble during the long run. It did felt a little heavy on the wrist though ... I'm not sure this is the best solution, obviously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment