Sunday, September 2, 2012

The n00b's recovery drink

We went for a 10k run this morning after taking Saturday off. When we got back I thought about making a recovery smoothie. However, since I have not yet looked into details to what are the things such a drink should contain for post workout, I mostly worked off things I recalled from what I heard in the (sports) podcasts I listen to (e.g Zen and the Art of Triathlon) and it was yummy:



Here's the recipe:

  • 1.5 cups of Almond Milk
  • 2 small Plums
  • 1 medium Banana
  • 3 tsp Chia Seeds
  • 4 Dates
I used SparkRecipes to estimate the nutrition info, and it seems pretty decent to me (carbs, protein and electrolytes) but hey, what do I know? ...



I shared the smoothie (about 2 cups) with the wife and the kid, but I had probably 2/3 of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment