Monday, September 17, 2012

Busy Monday #3

For today long ride, I decided to solely rely on my energy drink, even-though I was carrying with me 12 dates (to be munched on during the day). That didn't work out too well as I was kinda low on energy for the last 10 kilometres or so. Could also have been that I only consumed half of my bottle of home-made energy drink ... Anyway, lesson learned. From now on, I'll make sure to always consume something half-way (for ride above 80km).

Here's the ride on Strava:

I made my usual energy drink, but with one little spin which turned out to taste pretty good. Instead of adding 2 tablespoon of (grounded) Chia seeds, I used a 50/50 mix of (brown) Flax seeds & Chia seeds. Nutrition wise it seems to make some sense as both seeds seems to complement each other (calcium, omega-3 ...) while providing both calories and proteins.

For post ride snack, beside my 12 dates, I had one Luna energy bar (yes, I know it's optimized for Women ...)  and one Nature's Path bar. Seems it was enough to top-up my glycogen and general energy level as I felt pretty good throughout my ride home and subsequent run:


... in fact, with an average pace of 4:54/km it wasn't bad at all. I guess, I ought to eat more during the day to fuel my following work-out. Not really a surprise ...

No comments:

Post a Comment