Sunday, September 23, 2012

Run to Stanley Park (21K)

Saturday we ran our last long run in preparation for the Victoria's Marathon which is now in less than 2 weeks. I had follow my now usual feeding routine on the morning (bagel + espresso), but since we didn't correctly carbo-load the two nights before, I wasn't really feeling all that up to running an half-marathon that morning. However, I started feeling more energetic after 10 minutes or so and we completed the distance in 01:45:46 with an average pace (05:01/km) at the one I'm aiming for the marathon.

Here's the run's details on Strava:


Just like for our previous long run, I refrained from eating anything during the run, and relied on my now usual energy drink (tea + maltodextrin) to keep my blood's sugar level from diving. 

I was planning to go for a 120km bike ride this morning (Sunday), but the wife reminded me that the last time I didn't take a day break between a long run and a long ride, I injured my calf. So as a mesure of precaution since we're now within 2 weeks of the Marathon, I took the day off .. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment