Sunday, April 21, 2013

Vancouver Sun run 2013

So I ran the 2013 edition of the Vancouver Sun run this morning with an official time of 42:43 which turns out to be my best time ... so much for being injured and experiencing cold like symptoms for the past few days ... 8-)

The weather was a little iffy Saturday, so the forecast for the race were not too good, but we got lucky; It was a little windy and chilly, but for the race the sun was out and it wasn't as cold after-all.

The Sun run is a pretty popular race with every year close to 50 thousands runners racing it ... most of which are new runners which makes for a race full of people dodging actions, unless you can be early enough on site to line-up all the way at the front, behind the pros. In any case, it's a nice little run (for a marathon runner, everything is under 21k is little :P) within downtown Vancouver which is rather scenic.


Since I have been experiencing some hip/groin pains lately, I was a little concerned before the race, but it was fine and it's only the muscles above the back of my knees were a little sore by the end of what was, for me, a faster run than usual. Nutrition wise, I elected this time to skip breakfast (it's only a 10k!) and only had a glass of water and 4 dates before leaving the house 80 minutes or so before the race.  

No comments:

Post a Comment