Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Early season injury?

Few weeks ago, just after I had started to ramp up cycling to work and running, I started getting a new kind of pain in the groin area of my left leg when running :( 

It started as just some minor discomfort but as I didn't really take it easy (my bad), it became painful to run without adjusting my running position. To my defense, it wasn't painful enough to make me stop when running and usually the discomfort will be worst until I got warmed-up enough ... Walking was slightly painful but when cycling, the pain was not there but I could definitely feel a little something in the groin/hip area.

At first, I though it was coming from my adductors but then the pain moved a bit along the thigh and to the hipglute and Rectus femoris. As the result, I have been taking it easier, especially with the running with last week being totally off.

I resumed running last night (with an easy 8km) and the specific discomfort that I was feeling before when running wasn't there. My legs were pretty sore, however, from Sunday's morning 80km ride, so I'll have to see how that goes during the 2 other planned runs for this week ... However this morning, after my usual 22km ride to work my left hip and glute are slightly painful :-\


No comments:

Post a Comment