Monday, May 6, 2013

Cylco de Mayo!

Yesterday, I went for my longest ride in a long time, logging above 132km in less than 4.5 hours. I felt pretty good during and after, which, I suppose, means that my body have adjusted for endurance. I even had enough left-over energy to maintain speeds over 35kph in the last 30 minutes of the ride 8) I could have probably continue riding and score a century ride (miles), but it wasn't the plan ...

This was my second ride with my new Giro Air Attack helmet, which I really like. I can't really comment on the aerodynamic advantage compared to my older (and crappier) helmet, but it's definitely a better fit and a lot lighter. Not to mention, it look sleek :P


My feeding plan was the following:

  • one home-made power ball every 30mn (starting at 45mn into the ride)
  • two sip of my home-made energy drink every 30mn (starting at 45mn into the ride)
Pre-ride, I only had a single energy ball and a small sip of water after waking-up. Since this was going to be over 4 hours long, I wanted to minimize the chance that I would have to stop to urinate; it worked well.

Post-ride, my legs were not as sore as they have been in the past rides. Going up and down stair was a little painful, but they felt okay during this morning (Monday) commute ride to work (on which I got a puncture on my rear tyre). Stamina wise, I didn't feel utterly wasted for the rest of the day. However by the time I hit the sack (at 10PM), I was tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment