Thursday, June 6, 2013

Running in Hawai'i!

We were on Oahu two weeks ago for vacation and since I couldn't bike, I decided to run more that I have been lately in order to maintain fitness. As, it get hot pretty quickly over there, I had to get-up and run around 5:30am ... which is early, but not that early for me, although I was on vacation. Oh well, maintaining fitness first, right?

We were staying in the Ko'Olina area (which have a bazillion fancy resort) which, while very nice (and fancy) doesn't really lend too well for running. Sure, there's a nice walk-way right in front of the resorts on which to run, but it's kinda short, so if you want to do anything longer than 5k, you either have to do that run several times or venture out onto the ... highway. I ended-up doing both.

In total, I ran 5 times during the week, finishing on our last day there by an 18km run, which I could have easily push to 21km. I regret not doing that as it will have been my first (unofficial) half-marathon in Hawai'i. Oh well, next time maybe?



No comments:

Post a Comment